About the company
Gankster is a rapidly growing gaming startup that is building the first of its kind competitive gaming platform, offering a new way for gamers to team up, practice, and compete on our easy and approachable competitive network. Gankster is used by tens of thousands of League of Legends, Valorant, Rocket League and Dota 2 teams, from amateurs to pro organizations.
As part of Gankster’s continued growth, we are looking for a multi-talented, community oriented person to join our team and be our representative in the gaming community, and more importantly a voice for our communities inside the company.
This is a multi-faceted role that will directly influence many parts of the company – from product, to marketing, growth, partnerships and more – and together will help us shape the future of esports.
What we’re looking for
First and foremost, we’re looking for good people who are passionate about gaming. Gankster was founded by friends and gamers with a vision and our main goal is to keep our very unique family-like and hard working dynamic.
As one of our first hires in a key role, you’ll be in charge of leading our community strategy by interacting with our audience, amplifying our messaging, identifying growth opportunities, supporting and partnering with key stakeholders in the industry, and much more.
You’ll be able to let your social skills shine and have autonomy to take charge and shape our roadmap – everyone on our team has a voice in what we build. We like people who enjoy taking multiple responsibilities and are excited about the opportunity to drive and lead departments without being micromanaged.
We also have tons of fun together (we’re a gaming company after all).
What you’ll bring
- Passion and experience in gaming.
- Over 5 years of experience in a community development role.
- Experience managing social media and digital marketing channels.
- Experience in building relationships with consumers and business partners.
- An ability and willingness to move fast and take on responsibilities out of your area of expertise. Ganksters are versatile.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to join an early stage company with great traction and have a big impact on the company’s growth and direction.
- Working on an emerging and exciting market that is hungry for innovation.
- Lead and shape our entire community efforts.
- Flexible work arrangements – for remote work days, etc.
- Equity – everyone shares the success