About the company
Gankster is a rapidly growing true gaming startup that offers a fundamentally new way for gamers to compete on our easy and approachable competitive network. Gankster is used by thousands of LoL, Valorant, Rocket League and Dota 2 teams, from amateur teams to pro organizations.
As part of Gankster’s continued growth, we are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Java Backend Engineer to join our team and be part of building, defining, and improving our product and help us shape the future of esports.
What we’re looking for
First and foremost, we’re looking for good people who are passionate about gaming. Gankster was founded by friends and gamers with a vision and our main goal is to keep our very unique family-like and hard working dynamic.
As one of our first hires, you’ll have a lot of opportunities and autonomy to take charge and shape our roadmap – everyone on our team has a voice in what we build. We like people who enjoy taking multiple responsibilities and are excited about the opportunity to drive and lead departments without being micromanaged.
We also have tons of fun together (we’re a gaming company after all).
What you’ll bring
- A passion for gaming
- At least 5 years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- Good understanding of web applications and service-oriented architecture and design best practices
- At least 3 years of experience building backend systems with Java
- SQL/NoSQL database experience (Postgres, Redis)
- Experience in Quarkus (advantage)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (advantage)
What’s in it for you
- An opportunity to join an early stage team and have a big impact on the company’s growth.
- Working on an emerging and exciting market that is hungry for innovation.
- Equity participation – everyone shares in our success.
- Flexible work arrangements – for remote work days, etc.