Gankster Ltd. (“Gankster”, “we”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users (“user”, “you”). The following information describes how Gankster collects and processes information about you when you use our Website and Platform (as defined below).
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- Your rights with regard to the collection of such information
Gankster provides an online platform (“Platform”) which enables users to team up into groups, practice and compete in various online games. The Platform is provided via Gankster’s website (“Website”) or mobile application. In addition, the Website provides information about Gankster, its Services, positions available at Gankster and enables its users to log in to the Platform (“Services”).
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your name and email address (hereinafter: “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily from you, including, without limitation, via the following ways:
- Sign Up and Log In to use the Platform
If you wish to sign up or to log into the Platform via the Website, you can do so by options: (i) registration/logging in via email. If you choose this option, we will collect Personal Information such as your email address, username and password. (ii) registration via Discord Inc.’s platform (“Discord”); if you choose this option, we will collect Personal Information such as your username, avatar and email address. (iii) registration via Riot Games, Inc. platform (“Riot”); if you choose this option, we will collect Personal Information such as Riot’s ID.
Please note that if you wish to sign up/log in to the Platform via Discord, Riot or any other external platform (“Third Party Platforms”), such Third-Party Platform will provide us with access to relevant information they obtain about you, and all in accordance with their data protection practices and your specific privacy settings.
- Edit your profile
If you wish to edit your user profile, we will collect Personal Information such as username or email address.
- Looking for a team
If you wish to submit a post in order to search for a team, we will collect Personal Information such as your name, spoken languages, time zone and the description of your post.
- Applying for a job
If you wish to apply to join a team, we will collect Personal Information such as your name, time zone and the description of your application.
- Sync your calendar
If you wish to integrate information from the Platform (such as future games) into your Google calendar, Google will provide us with access to relevant information they obtain about you, and all in accordance with their data protection practices and your specific privacy settings.
Use of Information
We use Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing the Requested Services
- We collect Personal Information listed in Sections (a) – (e) above, to provide you with the Services you contracted to receive.
- Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Services you use or intend to use.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the provision of the Platform/ requested Services.
- Improvement and Development of the Services
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on Gankster’s Services and Platform and to help provide more information on the use of the Platform and Services quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Platform and Website to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways:
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Platform and Website;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- Prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our terms of service or applicable law.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Services and enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Gankster’s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Platform and Website by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience on the Platform and Website and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
In order to perform our contractual and other legal responsibilities or purposes, we may, from time to time, need to share your Personal Information with third parties. We may as well share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries or any third party service providers and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management or maintenance services. We may also share your information with analytics service providers for analytics services. Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your Device, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Platform and Website. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Platform, Website and Services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal obligation or inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website and/or Platform to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Gankster, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website and Platform or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the relevant privacy protection authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your information. To exercise these options, please contact us at [email protected]
In some jurisdictions, in particular those located within the European Union (the “EU”) or within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above, you may contact us at: [email protected]
Notice to California Residents
The California Privacy Laws permit some users to request to exercise certain rights. If these rights are applicable to you, you are afforded with the following rights:
- Right of access
You can request Gankster for certain information about our practices with respect to your Personal Information. In particular, you can request to receive information on the following:
- The categories and specific pieces of your Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or share your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with which we shared your Personal Information.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale of your Personal Information
You can be rest assured that we do not sell your Personal Information.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
We do not share sensitive Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising and we do not sell sensitive Personal Information.
- Exercising your California Law Rights
Please note that we will be required to verify your identity and request before an action is taken to exercise your rights. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Moreover, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We make our best efforts to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide, will only cover the 12 months period preceding your verifiable request’s receipt. If, for some reason, we cannot reply within such time frame, our response will include an explanation for our inability to comply. If you wish to exercise your California Privacy Laws rights, please contact us at: [email protected]
- Right of No Retaliation Following Opt-Out or Exercise of your Rights
If you choose to exercise your rights, we will not charge you different prices or provide different quality of our Services, unless those differences are related to your provision of your Personal Information. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights and unless permitted by the California Privacy Laws, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out strict penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, Gankster agrees to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Cookies and App Tracking Transparency Framework
We take the privacy of our users seriously and are committed to complying with the Apple App Tracking Transparency framework. If you have any questions about how we use your data, please contact us at [email protected]
Subject to your consent, we may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of our Website and Platform. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website and Platform’s experience for all of our users. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Platform and Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Platform and Website, the location from which you accessed the Platform and Website and more.
Furthermore, our Platform uses the App Tracking Transparency framework provided by Apple to give users the ability to control the data that we collect about you. When you use our Platform, we may ask for your permission to track your activity across other apps and websites owned by third parties. We use this data to improve the performance and functionality of our app and to provide personalized content and recommendations to our users. If you do not want us to track your activity, you can opt out by adjusting your Device’s privacy settings.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to [email protected] You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
Links to Other Websites
We deploy industry standard measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Personal Information we process. We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards, and test and update these periodically. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ’need to know’ basis for the provision of Website, Platform and Services to you. No such measures are perfect or impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us and transmission is at the user’s own risk.
Generally, Gankster does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Information, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the Personal Information is required for Gankster to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested Services.
The Service are not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Last updated on March 8th, 2023.